Textile Factory - Beaver Creek Factory or Manufacturing Company
Builder: Late 1840
Built: 6 miles from Fayetteville, NC, on Beaver Creek
Owners: Fayetteville metalsmiths and merchants Hall & Johnson; John
Hall and Constant Johnson.
Specifications: Machinery made by the Mattewan Works of New York. The
building was three-stories high, 118-feet long by 50-feet wide, with an attic.
Notes: Construction on factory started in 1839. The factory opened in
late 1840 with 960 spindles, employed 50 people and consumed 350 bales of cotton
a year. The building was designed to handle as
many as 4,000 spindles. Capital invested was estimated at $40,000.
North Carolina Business History web site
to NC Textile Mills, pre-1860
2006 Copyright. CommunicationSolutions/ISI
for web site & content.