Textile Factory - Randolph Manufacturing Company
Built: 1838 in Franklin, Rowan County
Owners: 1839 incorporation act specified owners as: John B. Troy
(President), with Directors: Hugh McCain, Elisha Coffin, John Miller, Jesse
Wheeler and Henry Kivett.
Specifications: Machinery made by the Mattewan Works of New York. The
building was two-stories high, 87-feet long by 42-feet wide, with an attic.
In the 1828 charter organizers were Hugh McCain, Jesse
Walker, Benjamin Elliot & Jonathan Worth. The factory was
finally built in 1838 and incorporated in 1839 with principles listed above.
North Carolina Business History web site
to NC Textile Mills, pre-1860
2006 Copyright. CommunicationSolutions/ISI
for web site & content.